The Environmental Club’s primary objectives are to raise awareness of current environmental issues and to provide practical solutions to these issues through volunteer service and donations to nonprofit organizations. Environmental science is multidisciplinary, covering a broad array of topics. This club focuses on the conservation of ecosystems and natural resources.
The club encourages members to be conscious thinkers and problem-solvers. The club discusses the many complexities that arise when solving the issues of anthropogenic pollution and habitat destruction. Students will have a greater understanding of different opinions and responses to environmental issues, and will be better equipped to become future leaders who can evaluate these matters on a global scale. In addition to developing leadership skills, members will also have the opportunity to work closely as a team through fundraising efforts and hands-on service.
Students will be able to:
- Protect and preserve the environment.
- Discuss how different components of everyday activities impact the environment.
- Research and give presentations to develop leadership and speaking skills.
- Serve the community through environmental outreach and team service projects.
- Organize events to fundraise for environmental charities.
- Be recognized for their environmental service through induction into the National Green Schools Society, a nationally-recognized honors society.