The Makers Club empowers students with passion, knowledge, and skills in making. Makers are creative, resourceful, and curious, developing projects that demonstrate how they can interact with the world around them. The combination of ingenious makers and innovative technologies is helping to drive innovation in manufacturing, engineering, industrial design, hardware technology, and education.
Makers Club helps bring a DIY mindset to technology. Working on various small projects that involve arts, sewable/wearable electronics, math, and programming will empower members to see themselves as more than consumers; they are productive, creative, and capable of Making— the next generation of entrepreneurs!
Students will be able to:
- Explain how FLORA and GEMMA
- microcomputers are used
- Use their passion in arts and science to make
- useful projects
- Learn how to make wearable electronic
- Use math, logic, and problem solving skills
- to write programs for microcontrollers and
- Work individually or in groups for DIY
- Participate in community service to promote
- STEAM—Science, Technology, Engineering,
- Arts, Math
- Attend a local Maker faire