Marine Biology Club
The Marine Biology Club provides students with an opportunity to learn about Marine Biology in a practical, hands-on environment. The club invites marine biologists and other field-related professionals to speak and encourage students to apply their knowledge gained from hands-on events. The club members are involved in the California Coastal Cleanup Day, the Monterey Bay Aquarium’s “Save the Oceans Program,” the California State University at Monterey Bay’s “Sea Floor Mapping Project,” and other relevant activities.
The club emphasizes the importance of marine biology as both a profession and a way of life for a responsible future. Our students also focus on evidence of the Creator’s design as revealed in marine life as well as the magnificent interrelationship that exists between all living organisms.
Students will achieve the following:
- Learn and explore through the many institutes and organizations associated with the Monterey Bay
- National Marine Sanctuary (MBNMS)
- Protect our environment by participating in organized events related to beach and waterway cleanup
- Effectively educate others about the importance of protecting waterways and the life forms that depend upon them
- Understand the impact of marine biology on the food supply, and implement the “Seafood Watch” program on food choices