Mu Alpha Theta Mathematics
Mu Alpha Theta is a national high school and two-year college Mathematics Honor Society with over 99,000 annual student members in more than 2,000 schools. The program attracts students interested in mastering mathematics and those who enjoy competing in local and national competitions, as it provides incredible opportunities for our developing mathematicians.
Mu Alpha Theta provides students with opportunities to participate in competitions that include mathematics at all levels, blending team and individual formats. Some available competitions include the American Region Math League, all levels of Math Olympiad, Santa Clara Valley Math Association (SCVMA) Field Day, and many more. Mu Alpha Theta members also gain knowledge in how mathematics impacts professional fields by attending the Bay Area Math Adventures lectures, which feature prominent speakers focusing on current trends and research.
Students accomplish the following:
- Participate in local, national, and international math competitions
- Develop strong acumen in mathematics
- Cultivate skills for collaboration and teamwork, improve critical thinking, and develop strategies for effective problem solving
- Experience the enjoyment and appreciation of the perfect plan of the Master Mathematician
- Become leaders who are equipped to serve God and their math teammates as they make a positive impact in their community