The Programming Club provides students with an exciting, hands-on environment to hone programming and logical reasoning skills. Opportunities provided through this club help our students progress to the next level of programming mastery, regardless of their amount of experience in software development. Whether students need assistance with a particular programming class assignment, or aspire to explore new programming concepts, they receive ample opportunities from the club. From solving exciting online problems to participating in tournaments, students in The Programming Club cultivate their programming skills.
Additionally, our students develop both collaboration and mentoring skills through a variety of cooperative learning opportunities, which range from developing an app with a partner to working as a group to debug code.
Students will achieve the following:
- Improve critical thinking skills
- Increase proficiency in the programming language of their choice
- Solve challenging logic-based problems
- Represent VCS in programming competitions
- Master collaborative software development skills
Equipment and Computer Languages:
- PC-Based Computers (Windows OS)
- MAC-Based Computers (OS X)
- iPads™ and SmartPhones (iOS & Android)
- Java™, HTML™, C++, LINUX™, Python and other programming languages