St. Jude Cancer Club
The St. Jude Cancer Club was formed to raise awareness and educate students about cancer. Students will develop an overall understanding of cancer and will appreciate the magnitude of its impact on the world. They will explore the roughly 200 types of cancer that are prevalent in our day and age. They will also learn about the leading causes of cancer, screening and prevention efforts, and the different approaches to treatment and management. The St. Jude Cancer Club will host regular guest speakers, including cancer survivors and representatives for the St. Jude’s. Additionally, students will assist with fundraising events in order to support continued groundbreaking research at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, to help treat young patients. The club will also encourage students to take an active role in helping those affected by cancer, whether through cancer research, fundraising, or other means.
Student will be able to:
- Take part in raising money for St. Jude
- Children’s Research Hospital
- Hear stories from cancer survivors and St.
- Jude representatives
- Become aware of how cancer impacts the
- Be inspired to study cancer research
- Become informed about the various types of
- Understand the field of cancer research
- Pray for a cure for cancer