2020-21 Dance Arts Online Auditions
The Dance Department will still be accepting applications and holding placement audition during distance learning due to COVID-19. However, auditions will be done online. The health and safety of our dancers and faculty is most important.
This applies to all NEW to Valley Christian or New to our program:
• JH 6, 7th & 8th Graders
• 8th Graders moving to HS & NEW HS students:
All videos for the following courses need to be emailed showing your most current and strongest skill set NO LATER THAN MAY 1ST.
Dance Arts Auditions (8th Graders Moving to HS & NEW HS students):
• JH/HS Dance Technique 2 and 3,
• JH/HS Hip Hop 2 and 3,
• HS Tap 2 and 3
Please email submissions to:
Dance Arts Director Michelle McLaughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org
Students who want to take Dance 1, Tap 1, or Hip Hop 1 DO NOT need to audition. Simply sign up for the class.
Please contact Dance Arts Director, Michelle McLaughlin email@example.com if you have questions regarding placement.
Vivid Dance Team Auditions 2020-21 Season:
The Vivid Dance Team will still be accepting applications and holding audition during distance learning due to COVID-19, however, the structure and format will change. The health and safety of our dancers, coaches, faculty and families is our top priority.
The Application/Audition process will be in 4 stages.
A. Initial Video Submission: from all incoming freshmen and new to Vivid applicants. (Returning Vivid members skip to B)
The video must include,
- A solo routine
- Group performance
- Any extra skills you feel are your specialty (optional)
B. Application: Once received you will be given information for the online audition.
- Written questions
- Two letters of recommendations (at least one current dance instructor)
- Signed parent agreement
C. Video Audition: These components will be sent to our judges
- Two combinations of jazz and lyrical
- Turn combinations
D. Interview with coaches via Zoom
- All applicants who have made it past the audition portion will receive a date and time for an interview.
- March 30th Initial Video Submission due by 3:00pm
- April 8th Application due by 3:00pm
- April 22nd Video Audition Submission due by 3:00pm
- April 27-29th Interviews